Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DODGE TRUCKS ARE RELIABLE AND CAPABLE OF TOWING HEAVY LOADS


Dependable, capable of hauling heavy loads, and rugged, are the qualities I look for in a truck.  I have used all my trucks for work.  None of them has stood up as well as, Dodge has for me.  The other trucks all had one thing in common – rust.  My Dodge truck was rust free, when I traded it after ten years of dependable service.  It was an SLT model, loaded with all options. 
Dodge trucks are known for getting poor gas mileage.  My previous Dodge truck only got about seventeen miles per gallon, after I installed, four prong spark plugs, and a K&N air filter.  Prior to that, it got about 13mpg.  It was a V8, and outperformed any other truck I ever owned.  I drove it for ten years.  The heaviest load I towed was just about a ton (bricks).  I never carried more than a half ton in the truck bed; however, many of my, Dodge friends do.
The new Dodge truck V8’s, are said to be capable of about 20mpg, over-the-road.  Do not expect that to be normal gas mileage.  You might be more likely to get about 15mpg.  The new V8’s, can run on four cylinders while on the highway, if you have a light foot. 
I did serous research before buying another, Dodge truck.  The work I currently do as a landscape architect, no longer demands heavy loads and long cross-country voyages, on a regular basis.  Old Dodge trucks hold their value and there is a demand for used trucks, in good condition.
This time, I searched for a truck with good towing capabilities, and a smaller engine for better gas mileage.  Using the internet, I found the best asking price.  I spoke with, Robert Devereaux – an ex-Marine and three-time Iraq, VFW – at K&M Dodge, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I told him what I was looking for, described the truck I would trade toward the purchase price on a new vehicle. 
We made the deal over the phone.  I came in that day, purchased the vehicle and drove home.  It was the easiest deal ever.  I am not a salesperson.  If a person is shopping, I say, get the best deal wherever you can.  That being said, I enjoyed my purchase experience.  I do recommend, Robert Devereaux as an honest person to do business with, and I currently prefer Dodge trucks to all others, because of the service I got from my previous truck – it had no major problems, and amazingly, no rust in ten years.
My last truck was the quietist and most maintenance free truck that I ever owned, in forty years of truck driving. 
My new truck is a six cylinder.  It is actually quieter than my last one (that was a big surprise, especially after reading, Edmond’s review).  I usually haul only light loads, and tow less than a half ton, for short distances.  It is an ST with only the basics, cloth seats (comfortable), manual windows and locks, without cruise control.  Power is adequate for merging into traffic, or passing.   I would not hesitate to take it anywhere.  It is currently averaging about 17mpg; however, I expect that to improve. 
The normal Dodge warrantee is, three years or thirty-six thousand miles.  I purchased a lifetime warrantee, even though I drive less than I used to.  The paint finish is sealed and lower parts smothered in Z-Bart, to prevent rust.  I hope to have it in twenty years.


No comments:

Post a Comment